Thursday 1 December 2011

Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant

Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant @ Plaza Singapura
68 Orchard Road #02-01 Plaza Singapura S(238839)  Tel: 65 6337 7446

 


Purchased a discount voucher from Bigdeal, & brought my mum to the Plaza Sing outlet first thing after getting my OT(overtime) paycheck.
(: (: (:

 

Fresh Pork Filling Steamed Bun, $6

 

Crab Roe, Shark's Fin and Pork Filling Steamed Bun, $12.80

 

The award-winning King Size Nanxiang Crab Roe Steam Soup Bun, $6.80

 

'Yuan Yang' Duck Tongue, $8
With wine sauce & braised sauce respectively.

When it comes to food, I'm considerably adventurous so under my mum's reccmmendation, I braved myself & tried this gruesome dish. It's crunchy & chewy throughout, the texture is a big turn-off 'cause it felt like french kiss with a duck... it's just plain wrong ٩(×̯×)۶

Unlike mentaiko, I don't think I'll ever come to love duck tongue even if I were to give it another try. Tho I doubt I'll ever in a table with this dish. >~<

 

Jellyfish with Spicy Vinegar, $6.80

MUST ORDER!! Best Jellyfish I ever had (:

 

Sauteed Fresh Water Shrimps, $12.80

Everybody knows that good fresh giant prawns have firm succulent
meat that tastes incredibly swee, but this dish is dfferent in a good way. It is a pleasantly dish, surprisingly springy, and poccess the power to arch your chopsticks forward for more.

 

Spring Onion Sauce Noodle with Braised 'Lion's Head', $8

I have ALWAYS wanted to try the 'Lion's head' because I was really very curious as to what the dish with the grand name tastes like. The mysterious veil was finally lifted on this day. The 'Lion's Head' originated from Huaiyang, Eastern China. Gloriously named, credits to it's appearance. Behind its dignified name, it was actually just Jumbo-sized meatballs. This came as a disappointment but I dislike meatballs in general so my comment shouldn't be taken into consideration if you were contemplating on whether to give this dish a try.

 


Braised Beef Belly and Tendon, $9.80

 

Salt and Pepper Cashew Nut Pastry, $3.30

 

Dried Scallop with Shredded Egg Soup, $6.50

--

If you're interested, folow this link for the menu: http://www.nanxiang.com.sg/menu.php

 

No comments:

Post a Comment